Welcome to The YMCAs of Québec's aquatics!
With our broad range of classes and activities, there is something at the Y for everyone. So whether you’ve never been in a pool before or are planning to become a lifeguard, we have a class for you!
Since its inception in 1931, the YMCA’s National Aquatic Program has evolved through the times and remained at the forefront of swim instruction for infants to adults, as well as leadership training, and water safety.
- The L’il Dippers program comprises eight levels, specifically designed for pre-school-aged participants aged 6 months to 5 years.
- The Learn to Swim program, beginning at age 6 years is made of four levels designed to provide the fundamentals of swimming and water safety awareness.
- The six levels of the Star Swim program progressively take the swimmer through introductory, initiation, intermediate and advanced standards of all swim strokes. As well, the Lifesaving Society’s Junior Lifeguard program is integrated through all of the Star Levels. At the more advanced levels, swimmers are also introduced to alternate aquatics skills in synchronized swimming and water polo.
- Swimmers can continue their swim training though leadership development in the YMCA Master Swimmer, and further set their sights on becoming a certified instructor through the YMCA Assistant Swim Instructor and YMCA Swim Instructor courses.
- Swimmers who are equally interested in lifesaving and lifeguard training can work toward the Lifesaving Society programs offered through the YMCA, including the progressive certifications of: Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross and National Lifeguard.
- Adults who are looking to embrace the challenge of learning to swim or improving their strokes can register for any of the levels in the YMCA Active Adults Swim Program. Any age is a great time to take up swimming!
Among the many accomplishments through its advancement in aquatics, the YMCA was the first to develop national standards for mouth-mouth resuscitation, drown-proofing and scuba diving.
- Cartierville YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- Downtown YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- Du Parc YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- Guy-Favreau YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- Hochelaga-Maisonneuve YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- Notre-Dame-de-Grâce YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- West-Island YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
- Westmount YMCA Schedule (pdf) - winter 2014.
For more details, please consult our list of activities.