Every year, The YMCAs of Québec welcome more than 10,000 children aged 6 months to
12 years. They offer daycare and babysitting services, after-school programs and
ped-day programs, day camps, a summer camp at Saint-Sauveur and parent-child classes.
Some of our programs for children include:
- Programs that encourage the child’s physical development: dance, swimming, gymnastics,
sports, martial arts, relaxation, etc.
- Creative activities that encourage cognitive development: theatre, visual arts,
languages, drawing, music, etc.
- Activities that encourage social development: clubs, day camps, playgroups, homework
help, birthday parties, team sports, etc.
- Support for underprivileged clienteles.
The YMCAs of Québec also welcomes more than 5,000 youths every year, with a wide range
of exciting projects monitored by professionals and specially trained volunteers.
Some of our programs for youth include:
- Teen centres with social, recreational, sports and educational activities.
- Social skills improvement program for young offenders aged 12 to 17.
- A variety of clubs with a range of alternative activities for youth at risk.
- Programs for high school dropouts, comprised of individual or group workshops focused
on social skills, communication and career choices.
- Youth service cooperatives that provide opportunities to take part in a collective
work group and practice cooperative management in order to learn how the labour
- Conflict resolution and anger management.